TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - after rain code 12 please HELP!!!
People Seeking Info

Subject after rain code 12 please HELP!!!

Posted by pimpin300zxTT on November 12, 2016 at 7:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 285 times.

Message hello i have a problem with my twin turbo.....i ran into a puddle during rain and my car immediately shut down and i cruised to a stop and my heart stopped with thoughts that blown motor..... i openned hood it was steaming and i waited for it to stop and tried to start the car and..... it fired up first try all good no problems or check engine so im like great awesome so i drove the car around that day no problems. next day rain stopped i went to work car started so i drove it then after work i start the car and it starts and dies.... i did that for like 30 mins and on like the 100s time i started the car and it didnt die all is fine (thank God i had a good battery) anyways later that day in the evening i came home turned off the car and in about hour i wanted to go to a store and same thing as in the morning it starts and dies so i did it for a long time and same thing over and over again..... 1st thought not enough fuel so i took off fuel filter in thought of maybe clogged filter and filter was good so since i was there already i put a container to the supply fuel hose and i tried starting the car and i had constant flow of fuel so its not the fuel.... next thought leaky injector i went around disconnecting cylinders 1 by 1 and starting it multiple times and same thing starts exept with a missfire 6th cylinder was hell to disconnect.... anyways next i tried disconnecting MAF and i tried it and it staryed running rough but still died... i had bought i new maf anyways and made no difference i have two ptus which i tried and no difference as well and also the more throttle i give the faster it dies..... so i tried disconnecting iacv to not let it add throttle and nope same issue....then magic happened i disconnected tps and car idles perfectly for about 45 seconds and then dies ...if at any point i add throttle it dies... so here i am out of ideas please help ...... the only code im getting is 12 thanks looking forward for an answer

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.